The Supreme Safari and Beach Holiday
Samburu | Masai Mara | Indian Ocean
A 10 nights / 11 days journey combining Kenya’s most exciting wildlife-rich wildernesses and undiscovered beach. Experience the elegant, luxurious Saruni Samburu, Saruni Mara and The Ocean SPA Lodge.
All inclusive from US$6,640 per person sharing.
Valid from 3rd January-19th December 2018.
Including: All-inclusive accommodation (Full board accommodation including soft drinks, beers, house wines and select non-luxury spirits), one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min) per room per stay at our Wellbeing Space, airport assistance, temporary Flying Doctors cover, shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles, guided bush walks, bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions, limited laundry service, cultural visits transfers, all internal flights and return airstrip transfers, conservation fees, VAT & taxes.
THE OCEAN SPA LODGE
Including: All-inclusive accomodation( Full Board-breakfast, lunch, dinner from our à la carte restaurant and soft drinks, high quality house wines, house spirits) return transfers to Diani airport, in-house laundry service, complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary water sport activities, complimentary scheduled yoga classes, one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 mins.) per room per stay, VAT & taxes.
This life-enriching journey perfectly combines serenity and adventure, luxury and authenticity, wildlife and culture, and classic, unique safari and beach experiences.
Delight in unending views of pristine wilderness, from the teeming plains of the Masai Mara, to the rugged Samburu landscape and uninterrupted ocean views from The Ocean SPA Lodge.
Discover two of Africa’s most authentic and fascinating tribes – the Maasai and Samburu – learn first-hand about their ancient customs and local knowledge.
Encounter Africa’s classic and diverse wildlife up close in their natural habitat, from the most wildlife-abundant ecosystem in the world – the Masai Mara, to the rare species only found in Samburu.
Soak up the equatorial sunshine and relax, rejuvenate and unwind on the undiscovered, white-sand The Ocean SPA Lodge beachfront on Kenya’s stunning South Coast.
Saruni Samburu’s six luxury villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kenya’s Northern Frontier District and Mount Kenya in the distance. The warm and welcoming hospitality makes for an intimate and exceptional experience. The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic architecture and interesting design and décor, as well as its Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy the vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, the infinity pool and the Samburu Wellbeing Space. Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, which borders Samburu National Reserve, with 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness to explore and enjoy exclusively. You are guided from start to finish by Samburu warriors who are passionate about their land and their culture, learning first-hand about their fascinating customs and traditions and gaining ancient, local knowledge about the land and the animals – a truly authentic experience.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, photographic hide, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Samburu Wellbeing Space treatments (payable extra), picnics, two swimming pools, helicopter excursions (payable extra), Samburu cultural visits (payable extra), Saruni Shop.
Saruni Mara has one family villa, one private villa and five elegant cottages, and is the only small boutique lodge in the Mara, making it very intimate and exclusive. The beautifully decorated themed rooms have a luxurious and classic safari feel. The lodge is tucked away in a secluded valley in the private Mara North Conservancy, a prime and private game viewing area, which borders the Masai Mara National Reserve – the most renowned wildlife park in Africa. Enjoy the Italian-inspired cuisine and being immersed in nature from your private verandah, the Maasai Wellbeing Space and the open lounge and dining area. Maasai warriors will guide you throughout your stay, sharing their ancient wisdom and local knowledge of the area and the animals, their way of life and their secret corners of the most loved wildlife reserve in Kenya.
- Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments (payable extra), picnics, library, balloon safaris (payable extra), Saruni Shop.
Saruni Wild is a tented camp elegantly and comfortably furnished with all the necessary luxuries of a wild yet classic safari. The camp is located in the heart of the Masai Mara plains, on the border between Lemek Conservancy and Mara North Conservancy. Surrounded by tens of thousands acres of pristine, untouched wilderness, the camp has the most classic Masai Mara setting. The wildlife thrive right next to its tents. Enjoy endless views, fire-lit meals under the vast African sky, guided game drives led by Maasai warriors.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments (payable extra), picnics, library, balloon safaris (payable extra), Saruni Shop.
The Ocean SPA Lodge
With just six eco-design luxury houses comprising of 14 stunning suites The Ocean SPA Lodge is an intimate property located on four kilometres of pristine, white-sand beachfront, on Kenya’s south coast in Msambweni (just 40 minutes’ drive from Diani). Undiscovered beachfront, beautiful thatched and air-conditioned villas appealing to couples, families, groups and friends, with unending views of the ocean and a pioneering health and wellness retreat, The Ocean SPA Lodge is the perfect beginning or ending to any safari adventure. Centered around an authentic health and wellness experience, guests can relax, rejuvenate and unwind in the sparkling 1,000sqm infinity pool or at The SPA with pampering massages, replenishing beauty treatments and daily yoga and other exercise classes beachside. Attention to detail, beautiful style, fresh cuisine, and secluded location – The Ocean SPA Lodge is a truly exceptional ‘beyond luxury’ experience.
Activities and amenities: large infinity pool, payable extra activities: The SPA, non-scheduled yoga and exercise classes, game drives to Shimba Hills National Reserve, diving in Kisite Marine Park, golfing, deep sea fishing, sightseeing cruising, visit to Funzi mangroves, kitesurfing, stand up paddling and skydiving.
Day 1: Saruni Samburu
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
- Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
- Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2: Saruni Samburu
- Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
- Enjoy a complimentary half hour Back & Neck massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3: Saruni Samburu
- Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch possibly head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, accompanied by an experienced Samburu tracker.
- Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Depart Samburu on your flight in the morning* and arrive in the Masai Mara an hour and a half later.
- Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod of hippos. Or, head to Saruni Mara or Saruni Wild for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the afternoon in Mara North Conservancy – over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored corner of the Mara ecosystem in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
Day 5: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara, returning to the camp or lodge for lunch and treatments at the Maasai Wellbeing Space.
- In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the largest tower of giraffe can be seen, followed by dinner at the lodge or camp and an optional night game drive.
Day 6: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Walk through the valleys and plains surrounding Saruni Mara, accompanied by a vehicle, or a game drive up to the top of Kilileoni, the highest mountain in the Serengeti-Masai Mara ecosystem - led by your skillful and knowledgeable Maasai guides.
- In the afternoon you will discover more of Mara North and its surrounding conservancies and experience first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world.
- Weather permitting, experience a bush dinner in the middle of nature under the vast African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
Day 7: The Ocean SPA Lodge
- Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River.
- The flight to Diani Ukunda leaves the Mara at 14:00 PM and arrives in Ukunda at 16:00 PM. A friendly driver will be waiting to transfer you 40 minutes south to Msambweni beach.
- Arrive at the pristine white-sand shores of The Ocean SPA Lodge, welcomed by the warm sea breeze just in time for a sunset cocktail. Enjoy a delicious seafood spread before turning in for the night to your elegant and spacious, air-conditioned villa.
- Accommodation is on an all-inclusive basis (food, drinks & complimentary activities) and does not include additional activities which are payable extra.
Day 8: The Ocean SPA Lodge
- Wake up for an early morning dip in the sparkling 1000 sqm infinity pool, a walk on the beach followed by a relaxing morning of pampering treatments at The SPA.
- Spend the afternoon snorkelling the beautiful coral reefs and exploring the nearby coastline.
Day 9: The Ocean SPA Lodge
- After a tropical breakfast, head out on the clear ocean on a traditional dhow to visit Funzi Island for a day of sailing, fishing, swimming with dolphins and discovering rare turtles.
- Return to The Ocean SPA Lodge to unwind in your beautiful suite, in the pool, on the beach or at The SPA.
Day 10: The Ocean SPA Lodge
- Start the day off with a sun-saluting yoga class, followed by a morning massage and a dip in the warm Indian Ocean.
- Explore the local fishing village and get to know the people and the culture of this small, undiscovered paradise.
- Embark on a deep sea fishing venture for the afternoon, and try your hand at deep sea fishing.
- Enjoy a romantic, intimate dinner on your private verandah or in a secluded nook of the beach.
Day 11: Departure
- Wake up to the sound of gentle waves and the slight breeze swaying palm trees one last time.
- Relax and rejuvenate for the morning, before departing in the afternoon for your flight back to Nairobi, which leaves Diani at 16:00 PM and arrives at Wilson Airport at 17:30 PM.
- Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
Note: The Saruni Tours team can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation. Rates with children or single occupancy are available upon request. *Flight times and durations may vary depending on airline and routing, and are subject to change. All guests travelling into Kenya with duty free plastic bags shall be required to leave the bags at the entry points and seek alternative carrier bags. We request that you do not carry plastic bags whilst visiting or working in Kenya as there are strict penalties for those caught with them.