Samburu & Laikipia Adventures
Samburu | Laikipia
A 6 nights / 7 days safari across Samburu and Laikipia, two iconic wilderness experiences.
All inclusive from US$4,743 per person sharing
Including: All-inclusive accommodation (Full board accommodation including soft drinks, beers, house wines and select non-luxury spirits), one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min) per room per stay at our Wellbeing Space, airport assistance, temporary Flying Doctors cover, shared day & night game drives in 4x4 vehicles, guided bush walks, bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions, limited laundry service, cultural visits transfers, all internal flights and return airstrip transfers, conservation fees, VAT & taxes.
A unique and life-enriching journey through two of Kenya’s most celebrated conservation areas with breathtaking landscapes, abundant wildlife, diverse activities and truly Kenyan cultural experiences.
Encounter Kenya’s two iconic conservancies, the rugged, unending vistas of Samburu and Laikipia shadowed by the snow-tipped peaks of the mighty Mount Kenya.
Delight in the diversity and uniqueness the rare, the endemic, the endangered and the spectacular wildlife and wilderness.
Discover the fascinating bond between local communities, tourism and conservation and experience these two significant conservation success stories first-hand and experience community-owned conservancies showcasing the best of Kenya.
Saruni Samburu’s six luxury villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kenya’s Northern Frontier District and Mount Kenya in the distance. The warm and welcoming hospitality makes for an intimate and exceptional experience. The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic architecture and interesting design and décor, as well as its Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy the vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, the infinity pool and the Samburu Wellbeing Space. Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, which borders Samburu National Reserve, with 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness to explore and enjoy exclusively. You are guided from start to finish by Samburu warriors who are passionate about their land and their culture, learning first-hand about their fascinating customs and traditions and gaining ancient, local knowledge about the land and the animals – a truly authentic experience.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, photographic hide, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Samburu Wellbeing Space treatments (payable extra), picnics, two swimming pools, helicopter excursions (payable extra), Samburu cultural visits (payable extra), Saruni Shop.
Located at one of the highest points of northern Kenya’s spectacular Laikipia region with dramatic 360 degree views, the Sanctuary at Ol Lentille can be either an adventurers’ paradise or a relaxing retreat. The variety of activities in Laikipia is endless making this part of Kenya a great combination with Samburu and the Masai Mara. Guests can experience walking safaris, camel safaris, quad biking, cycling, horse riding, community cultural experiences and unlimited spa treatments. The four private villas are all individually designed and themed offering an incredibly high standard of accommodation in a private 40,000 acre conservation area.
Activities and amenities: swimming pool, private dining, private day and night game drives, walking safaris, camel trekking, mountain and quad biking, spa treatments, sundowners & bush meals, croquet, boules and archery, payable extra activities: horse riding and helicopter excursions.
Day 1: Saruni Samburu
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
- Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
- Afternoon game drive in Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2: Saruni Samburu
- Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
- Enjoy a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3: Saruni Samburu
- Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, led by your skillful and knowledgeable Samburu guides.
- Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4: Ol Lentille
- ake your 20 minute charter flight between Samburu and Laikipia and enjoy the spectacular views.
- After lunch you might enjoy a spa treatment, take the quad bikes out to visit the local village and singing wells, or enjoy a walking safari climbing the Ol Lentille rock to embrace spectacular views for sundowners. Enjoy a private dinner in your villa or the Library.
Day 5: Ol Lentille
- Following a leisurely breakfast in your villa, you can head out for a guided camel safari into the wilderness with the Maasai warriors observing the wildlife from a top of a camel – a unique and very different experience. This finishes with a picnic lunch by the river and you can experience traditional honey gathering on the way back to the lodge.
- Afternoon at leisure, maybe indulge in some spa treatments and enjoy sundowners followed by a bush dinner under the vast African skies.
Day 6: Ol Lentille
- Enjoy a walking safari after breakfast and learn about wildlife, flora and fauna.
- After lunch maybe visit a local school or the local weekly livestock market, culturally enriching and very special or indulge in the spa with more treatments.
- After sundowners enjoy a lovely dinner around the fire in the library.
Day 7: Departure
- Transfer from Ol Lentille to Nanyuki. The flight back to Nairobi leaves Nanyuki at 11:30 AM and arrives in Nairobi at 13:15 PM.
- Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
Note: The Saruni Tours Team can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation. Rates with children or single occupancy are available upon request. *Flight times and durations may vary depending on airline and routing and are subject to change.