A Safari to the Edge of the World
Samburu | Chyulu Hills | Ngorongoro Crater
A 9 nights / 10 days safari that takes you to three pristine and unique wildernesses so remote and vast that you feel like you have reached the edge of the world.
ALL INCLUSIVE per person, valid until 19th December 2017 (excl. Christmas period)
Low season US$9,392
Mid season US$11,600
High season US$11,705
Including: Full board accommodation, conservation fees, all internal flights and transfers (including taxes), airport meet and greet, temporary Flying Doctors membership, game drives in 4x4 vehicles, soft drinks, beer and house wine and local spirits, laundry, one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30mins.) at Saruni Samburu per room per stay, VAT & taxes.
This is a life-enriching journey of wide open wilderness, of spectacular views, of authentic African experiences and secluded luxury.
Discover the rugged, unending scenes of Samburu, the raw beauty and diverse ecosystem, where enormous herds of elephant traverse the vast landscape and leopard den in the rocky outcrops.
Experience first-hand the iconic land that so profoundly inspired Hemingway, the Chyulu Hills, a jewel of clouded forest and savannah plains, tucked between Amboseli and Tsavo National Parks, overlooking the highest mountain in Africa, Kilimanjaro.
Encounter the truly unique, ancient and breath-taking Ngorongoro Crater, with World Heritage status and one of the natural wonders of Africa and most important human evolutionary sites in the world.
Saruni Samburu’s six luxury villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kenya’s Northern Frontier District and Mount Kenya. The warm hospitality makes for an exceptional experience. The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic design, as well as its Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy the vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, the infinity pool and Samburu Wellbeing Space. Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, bordering Samburu National Reserve, with 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness to explore exclusively. You are guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, learning about their fascinating traditions and gaining ancient, local knowledge about the land and animals – a truly authentic experience.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, Smaburu Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, two swimming pools.
Additional: helicopter excursions, Samburu cultural visits, Saruni Shop.
Campi Ya Kanzi
Campi Ya Kanzi is a pioneering eco-tourism lodge situated at the foot of the legendary Chyulu Hills and overlooking the majestic Mount Kilimajaro. Explore 280,000 acres of protected cloud forest to savannah plains in complete privacy, home to a diverse, unique and plentiful range of wildlife, birdlife and plantlife. Enjoy the 'classic safari under canvas' feel at Campi Ya Kanzi’s six, thatched, luxury tented cottages, each secluded and attended by its own dedicated Maasai assistant. Or opt for the privacy and comfort of your own villa in the bush at Kanzi House, accommodating up to 10 people exclusively, with a jacuzzi and swimming pool.
Activities and amenities: game drives, photography and birding excursions, forest and bush walks, Maasai village visits, bush meals, spa treatments, horse riding.
Additional: air excursions to Tsavo and Amboseli, Kilimanjaro scenic flight.
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Renowned as the lodge at the top of the world, with unbelievable views over one of the most famous landscapes in Africa, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is the epitome of elegance. Seated on the rim of the crater and adorned with magnificent, ornate furnishings and finishings, the lodge’s incredible architecture is inspired by the traditional Maasai manyatta and is full of dramatic contrasts of high luxury and authenticity. Revel in the aura of romance and luxury in this breathtaking setting, and enjoy the abundant natural riches and wildlife of the crater - once a large volcano that later collapsed, it is now the largest intact caldera in the world.
Activities and amenities: game drives on the crater floor, drives and walks through the forest and to the springs, photography excursions, picnics in beautiful areas, excursions to Olduvai Gorge.
Day 1: Saruni Samburu
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
- Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
- Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2: Saruni Samburu
- Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
- Enjoy a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3: Saruni Samburu
- Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, led by your skillful and knowledgeable Samburu guides.
- Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4: Campi Ya Kanzi
- Depart Samburu in the morning* on your chartered flight and arrive in the Chyulu Hills two hours later in time for a delicious lunch surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
- Head out on an afternoon game drive and celebrate the sunset with a sundowner and the picturesque backdrop of Kilimanjaro.
Day 5: Campi Ya Kanzi
- Wake up early for an exhilarating horse ride through the wilderness or a forest walk leading you to a bush breakfast.
- Set off on a scenic flight over Kilimanjaro, Amboseli and Tsavo if you choose, or relax for the afternoon, finishing off the day with a spa treatment.
Day 6: Campi Ya Kanzi
- Embark on a Maasai Village visit and learn more about the fascinating culture of the area, and the remarkable relationship between Campi Ya Kanzi and the local Maasai communities.
- Game drive, horse ride or bush walk to a sundowner in a scenic spot with an incredible view.
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
- After breakfast catch your charter flight to Wilson, where you will take a connecting Air Kenya flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport and on to Manyara Airstrip, where a Ngorongoro Crater Lodge vehicle will meet you and transfer you to the lodge.
- Relax in the lavish and ornate rooms of the lodge after a long day of travelling, and maybe take a long bath with some champagne.
Day 8: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
- Wake up early and head down into the crater for a full morning game driving and exploring the unique landscape and wildlife.
- After lunch, set off on a walk through the forest which heralds spectacular views before returning back to the lodge for a scrumptious dinner.
Day 9: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
- Discover Olduvai Gorge on an excursion through one of the most important archeological sites in the world.
- Stop for a picnic lunch on your way home in a beautiful area.
- Enjoy the afternoon at the lodge, and a sundowner on the edge of the crater enjoying the most spectacular view.
Day 10: Departure
- Enjoy your final morning waking up in paradise to a beautiful sunrise, before you depart to catch your flight from Manyara to Kilimanjaro International Airport, connecting on to Wilson Airport.
- A Saruni vehicle will collect and transfer you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
Note: The Saruni Tours Team can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation. Rates with children or single occupancy are available upon request. *Flight times and durations may vary depending on airline and routing, and are subject to change.