Kenya's Top 3 Wildernesses
Samburu | Lewa | Masai Mara
A 9 nights / 10 days safari through Kenya’s three most remarkable and renowned wilderness areas.
ALL INCLUSIVE per person, valid until 19th December 2017 (excl. Christmas period)
Low season US$7,043
Mid season US$7,856
High season US$8,924
Including: Full board accommodation, conservation fees, all internal flights and transfers (including taxes), airport meet and greet, temporary Flying Doctors membership, game drives in 4x4 vehicles, soft drinks, beer, house wine and local spirits, laundry, one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30mins.) per room per stay at each Saruni property, VAT & taxes.
A unique and life-enriching journey through three of Kenya's most celebrated conservation areas with breathtaking landscapes and diverse, abundant wildlife.
Encounter Kenya’s most iconic conservancies, from the rugged, unending vistas of Samburu, to the World Heritage plains of Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, shadowed by the snow-tipped peaks of the mighty Mount Kenya, and the teeming open grasslands, rivers and mountains of the Masai Mara, a wonder of the world.
Delight in the diversity and uniqueness the rare, the endemic, the endangered and the abundant wildlife spectacular wildlife and wilderness.
Discover the fascinating bond between local communities, tourism and conservation and experience these three significant conservation success stories first-hand, from community- owned conservancies to the most renowned rhino conservancy in the world.
Saruni Samburu’s six luxury villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kenya’s Northern Frontier District and Mount Kenya. The warm hospitality makes for an exceptional experience. The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic design, as well as its Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy the vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, the infinity pool and Samburu Wellbeing Space. Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, bordering Samburu National Reserve, with 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness to explore exclusively. You are guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, learning about their fascinating traditions and gaining ancient, local knowledge about the land and animals – a truly authentic experience.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, Samburu Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, two swimming pools, helicopter excursions, Samburu cultural visits, Saruni Shop
Saruni Mara is the only small, boutique lodge in the Mara, with five elegant cottages, one family villa and one private villa, making it very intimate and exclusive. The beautifully decorated themed rooms have a luxurious and classic safari feel. The lodge is tucked away in a secluded valley in Mara North Conservancy, a prime and private game-viewing area bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve – Africa’s most renowned game park. Enjoy the Italian-inspired cuisine and being immersed in nature from your private veranda, the Maasai Wellbeing Space and the open lounge and dining area. Maasai warriors guide you throughout your stay, sharing their ancient wisdom and local knowledge of the area and animals, their way of life and secret corners of this remarkable ecosystem.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, library, balloon safaris.
Saruni Wild is a tented camp elegantly and comfortably furnished with all the necessary luxuries of a wild yet classic safari. The camp is located in the heart of the Masai Mara plains, on the border between Lemek Conservancy and Mara North Conservancy. Surrounded by tens of thousands acres of pristine, untouched wilderness, the camp has the most classic Masai Mara setting. The wildlife thrive right next to its tents. Enjoy endless views, fire-lit meals under the vast African sky, guided game drives led by Maasai warriors.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, library, balloon safaris, Saruni Shop.
Sirikoi is a beautiful, small lodge located in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy – arguably the most successful rhino sanctuary in the world and one of the most famous conservation projects in Africa. Set in a lush acacia grove with a vast green lawn overlooking a natural waterhole with Mount Kenya as a backdrop, and offering some of the best game viewing in East Africa. Sirikoi has four luxury tents, each on a platform with a private veranda, living area, fireplace and elegant bathroom; a stunning two-bedroom private cottage and a self-contained three bedroom house offering the finest in style and comfort. Enjoy the 60,000 acres of protected wilderness and the life it holds, as well as the luxury of the lodge.
Activities and amenities: viewing, rhino visits, swimming pool, Forest Canopy Walkway, quad bike day trips, cultural visits, scenic flights, horse riding.
Day 1: Saruni Samburu
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
- Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
- Afternoon game drive in Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2: Saruni Samburu
- Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
- Enjoy a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3: Saruni Samburu
- Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, led by your skillful and knowledgeable Samburu guides.
- Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4: Sirikoi Lodge
- Vehicle transfer departing Samburu after breakfast, arriving at Sirikoi two hours later.
- Relax at the pool overlooking the wetland teeming with wildlife for the afternoon and head out on an evening game drive with a sundowner.
Day 5: Sirikoi Lodge
- Morning game drive on Lewa to seek out the Big Five and the incredible bird life around the Lewa swamp.
- Visit to the rhino sanctuary to see and walk amongst the hand-reared rhino (like David Attenbourough in his ‘Africa’ series).
- Visit the Ngare Ndare Forest Canopy Walkway and Blue Glacial pools, part of the Mount Kenya ecosystem and one of the last remaining high altitude equatorial cedar forests.
Day 6: Sirikoi Lodge
- Spend the day as you please, enjoying game drives witnessing large numbers and diversity of animals in Africa, bush walks, spa treatments and relaxing at the lodge.
Day 7: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Depart Lewa on your flight in the morning* and arrive in the Masai Mara an hour and a half later.
- Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod of hippos, or head to Saruni Mara or Saruni Wild for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the afternoon in Mara North Conservancy – over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored corner of the Mara ecosystem in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
Day 8: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara, returning to the camp or lodge for lunch and treatments at the Maasai Wellbeing Space.
- In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the largest tower of giraffe can be seen, followed by dinner at the lodge or camp and an optional night game drive.
Day 9: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Walk through the valleys and plains surrounding Saruni Mara, accompanied by a vehicle, or a game drive up to the top of Kilileoni, the highest mountain in the Serengeti-Masai Mara ecosystem - led by your skillful and knowledgeable Maasai guides.
- In the afternoon you will discover more of Mara North and its neighbouring conservancies and experience first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world.
- Weather permitting, experience a bush dinner in the middle of nature under the vast African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
Day 10: Departure
- Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River.
- The flight back to Nairobi leaves the Mara at 11:00 AM and arrives in Nairobi at 12:20 PM.
- Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
Note: The Saruni Tours team can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation. Rates with children or single occupancy are available upon request. *Flight times and durations may vary depending on airline and routing, and are subject to change. All guests travelling into Kenya with duty free plastic bags shall be required to leave the bags at the entry points and seek alternative carrier bags. We request that you do not carry plastic bags whilst visiting or working in Kenya as there are strict penalties for those caught with them.