African Adventure for the Family
Samburu | Borana | Masai Mara
A 9 nights / 10 days safari combining three beautiful and remarkable Kenyan conservancies offering fantastic authentic experiences for the whole family.
ALL INCLUSIVE per person, valid until 19th December 2017 (excl. Christmas period)
Low season US$5,696 (adult) and US$3,312 (child under 16 years)
Mid season US$7,307 (adult) and US$3,903 (child under 16 years)
High season US$8,443 (adult) and US$4,398 (child under 16 years)
Including: Full board accommodation, conservation fees, all internal flights and transfers (including taxes), airport meet and greet, temporary Flying Doctors membership, game drives in 4x4 vehicles, soft drinks, beer, house wine and local spirits, laundry, one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30mins.) per room per stay at each Saruni property, Warriors Academy at Saruni Lodges, visit to Ngare Ndare forest while at Borana, VAT & taxes.
An unforgettable family journey alive with adventure and authentic encounters of wildlife, culture and wilderness every step of the way.
Explore the rugged, unending scenes of Samburu; the rolling landscape of Borana Conservancy on the foothills of Mount Kenya, and teeming open grasslands, rivers and mountains of the Masai Mara on game drives, bush walks, horse back and mountain bikes.
Discover ancient wisdom and wilderness skills of the Maasai and Samburu tribes, widely varied and fascinating ecosystems and an array of animals in their natural habitat.
Experience unique activities suitable for all ages, from horse riding to a breakfast out in the bush, walking through the canopy of a forest, to enjoying a sundowner on the real Pride Rock.
Saruni Samburu’s six luxury villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kenya’s Northern Frontier District and Mount Kenya. The warm hospitality makes for an exceptional experience. The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic design, as well as its Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy the vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, the infinity pools and Samburu Wellbeing Space. Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, bordering Samburu National Reserve, with 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness to explore exclusively. You are guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, learning about their fascinating traditions and gaining ancient, local knowledge about the land and animals – a truly authentic experience.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush dinners, guided walks, Samburu Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, two swimming pools, Warriors Academy, helicopter excursions, Samburu cultural visits, Saruni shop.
Saruni Mara is the only small, boutique lodge in the Mara, with five elegant cottages, one family villa and one private villa, making it very intimate and exclusive. The beautifully decorated themed rooms have a luxurious and classic safari feel. The lodge is tucked away in a secluded valley in Mara North Conservancy, a prime and private game-viewing area bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve – Africa’s most renowned game park. Enjoy the Italian-inspired cuisine and being immersed in nature from your private veranda, the Maasai Wellbeing Space and the open lounge and dining area. Maasai warriors guide you throughout your stay, sharing their ancient wisdom and local knowledge of the area and animals, their way of life and secret corners of this remarkable ecosystem.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, library, Warriors Academy, balloon safaris.
Saruni Wild is a tented camp elegantly and comfortably furnished with all the necessary luxuries of a wild yet classic safari. The camp is located in the heart of the Masai Mara plains, on the border between Lemek Conservancy and Mara North Conservancy. Surrounded by tens of thousands acres of pristine, untouched wilderness, the camp has the most classic Masai Mara setting. The wildlife thrive right next to its tents. Enjoy endless views, fire-lit meals under the vast African sky, guided game drives led by Maasai warriors.
Activities and amenities: day and night game drives, bush meals, guided walks, birdwatching, Maasai Wellbeing Space treatments, picnics, library, balloon safaris, Saruni Shop.
Borana’s eight eco-chic cottages blend into the hillside, each with their own private views, veranda, fireplaces and en suite bathrooms heralding incredible views of the snow-tipped peaks of Mount Kenya to the mountains and desert of the north. Witness the panorama that inspired Disney’s 'The Lion King', and visit the original Pride Rock. Borana Conservancy is a 35,000 acre private piece of paradise heaving with wildlife – from Africa’s Big Five to endangered species such as the African wild dog and Patas monkeys. Borana is renowned for its long list of exciting activities, its fresh home-grown ingredients and delicious gourmet meals, and for being a malaria free area.
Activities and amenities: game viewing, mountain biking, horse riding, swimming pool, bush meals, guided bush walks, Forest Canopy Walkway, quad bike day trips, cultural visits, scenic flights, helicopter excursions.
Day 1: Saruni Samburu
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
- Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
- Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2: Saruni Samburu
- Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon.
- Parents unwind with a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space, while the children take a dip in the pool.
Day 3: Saruni Samburu
- Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch possibly head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings - a fantastic activity for the children, led by your skillful and knowledgeable Samburu guides.
- Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4: Borana Conservancy
- Vehicle transfer departing Samburu after breakfast, arriving at Borana two and a half hours later, just in time for a delicious lunch.
- Relax at the pool for the afternoon, and head out on an evening game drive or bush walk with a sundowner.
Day 5: Borana Conservancy
- Head off on an early morning horse ride or game drive, and meet a fully laden breakfast table somewhere hidden in the wilderness.
- After lunch, set off on a bush walk tracking wildlife, or a mountain biking excursion, finishing off with a sundowner on Pride Rock.
Day 6: Borana Conservancy
- Take a picnic breakfast and visit the Ngare Ndare Forest Canopy Walkway and swim in the refreshing Blue Glacial pools, part of the Mount Kenya ecosystem and one of the last remaining high altitude equatorial cedar forests.
- Enjoy your last afternoon on Borana with an activity of your choice – a game drive, horse ride, mountain bike ride or an afternoon of relaxing.
Day 7: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Depart Borana at 08:00 AM on a game drive down to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, where your flight will leave at 09:30 AM and arrive in the Masai Mara at 11:00 AM.
- Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod of hippos, or head to Saruni Mara or Saruni Wild for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the afternoon in Mara North Conservancy – over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored corner of the Mara ecosystem in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
Day 8: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara, returning to the camp or lodge for lunch and treatments at the Maasai Wellbeing Space.
- In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the largest tower of giraffe can be seen, followed by dinner at the lodge or camp and an optional night game drive.
Day 9: Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
- Walk through the valleys and plains surrounding Saruni Mara, accompanied by a vehicle, or a game drive up to the top of Kilileoni, the highest mountain in the Serengeti-Masai Mara ecosystem - led by your skillful and knowledgeable Maasai guides.
- In the afternoon you will discover more of Mara North and its neighbouring conservancies and experience first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world.
- Weather permitting, experience a bush dinner in the middle of nature under the vast African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
Day 10: Departure
- Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River.
- The flight back to Nairobi leaves the Mara at 11:00 AM and arrives in Nairobi at 12:20 PM.
- Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
Note: The Saruni Tours Team can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation. Rates with children or single occupancy are available upon request. *Flight times and durations may vary depending on airline and routing and are subject to change.